The series I am currently working on is now given its final name: Eternal Defenders, named after the faction the story follows. As of January 2019, the initial trilogy is story-complete.
All the mentioned stories are fantasy, sword-and-sorcery subgenre with coming of age and romance elements. Personally, I see them as 15+ recommended – there will be some intimacy and a small amount of sex scenes (in amount fitting the story).
- Title: Eternal Defenders
- Current status: beta stage
- Current length: ~184k words (version 0.6.3 / 26.2.2019)
- Publication ETA: Q4/2019-Q1/2020
Writing of the first book started in October 2015. The first draft was completed in November 2016. In Summer 2018, it entered early beta stage and as of February 2019, it was through the first external feedback (beta).
- Title: Secrets of the Eternals
- Current status: first draft
- Current length: ~231k words (first draft as of Q2/2018)
- Publication ETA: Probably Q4/2020 – Q1/2021
Work on the second book started shortly after finishing the first draft of book one and continued alongside it, weaving back and forth between editing #1 and drafting #2. The first draft was finished in a mad dash in January 2018 and faced first small edits in Q2 2018. Since then, the work is paused, planned to resume when book one is getting closer to release. The main storyline is complete though there will be edits, cuts, and additions.
- Title: Eternity’s end
- Current status: preliminary first draft
- Current length: ~180k words (as of 12/2018)
- Publication ETA: Q1-Q2/2022
Early work on the third book began in May 2018 and the early first draft was finished in December 2018. It’s a rough draft, several unfinished scenes will need to be expanded before I can resume true drafting – which won’t likely happen in a larger scope before #2 is close to done.
Possible other projects
- Title: Legend of Sagittus
- Current status: early concept
- Estimated length: Unknown (full-scale novel)
- Publication ETA: Unknown
Ideas about this story, which would happen several generations before the trilogy, came from the hints of backstory scattered through the second book. This book would delve into the story of two Eternals: Sagittus and Aphelia, describing their life before becoming Eternals – and how Sagittus met the first Darkwood.
- Title: Rise of the Eternal Defenders (might change)
- Current status: advanced concept
- Estimated length: ~50k words
- Publication ETA: Unknown, possibly after #3 (2022-2023)
This story comes from the original (now removed) prologue of the first book and will show how the demons first attacked and the Order of Eternal Defenders came to be. This story happens roughly a third of the time between #0,1 and #1.
- Title: Looming shadows (might change)
- Current status: early concept
- Estimated length: Unknown (probably similar to #0,5)
- Publication ETA: Unknown, after #0,5
Idea for this came by the end of drafting #2. This story would take place relatively shortly after #0,5 – I’m currently thinking in the range of 5-50 years – and describe the beginning of the Shadowflame cult. Depending on how I decide to approach this, it might be merged with #0,5.